Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal Some people however think that other types of progress are equally important for a country Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Recently, the phenomenon of economic progress and its corresponding impacts have sparked a massive dispute. In this regard, apart from tremendous advantages of economic advances, many, except some governments, believe that there are other variations of progresses which are as important as economic progress. In my view, we shouldn’t captivate our visions in favor of just economic advances and so we can take scientific and cultural progresses into account.
Obviously, science has many different aspects such as technology and medicine. Invention of sophisticated tools and implementation of crazy, innovative ideas make huge upheavals in nations all around the globe. Likewise, finding definite new treatments for such disease as cancer and covid19 – the latter has become prevalent nowadays – ends up far more satisfaction and benefits than solely financial goals.
Furthermore, as far as several faces of civilization, like culture and literature, these faces can pave the ways to future successes of countries as the most important aims. Then, advances in advising literature masterpieces, say, plays and noble novels, have the ability to promote the nations’ culture. As a tangible example, the breathtaking plays of Shakespeare had elevated the grade of UK culture multiple stories which was far more important than economic progress.
On the other hand, we shouldn’t lose sight of governments. Authorities of countries are of the opinion that through economic advances, the society could achieve reliable incomes, an appropriate welfare, so on. These matters eventually afford people to think about other kinds of progresses, for example, technology and culture. They believe that the brains of hunger bellies don’t function properly!
To sum up, despite compelling arguments on both sides, I am inclined to believe that the most significant goal of countries is far beyond merely economic progress. However, it’s up to nations to choose science or wealth. Do societies obtain wealth through science or vice versa?