Many people believe that it is easier to have a healthy lifestyle in the country side other believe that there are health benefits of living in the cities Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Many people believe that it is easier to have a healthy lifestyle in the country side other believe that there are health benefits of living in the cities. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It is said that living in the countryside is more conducive to a healthy way of living, while others argue that the same could be said for urban life. In my opinion, maintaining a balanced mixture of both might be the best lifestyle for the average person.

There is hardly any doubt that living a country life can provide many different health-related benefits. Most evident is the almost complete absence of pollutants in regions outside urban areas – a crucial condition for a healthy life. This is perhaps the main selling point of rural inhabitants, as they do not have to constantly battle with the adverse effects caused by air, water, noise and even light pollution in urban regions. Similarly, a person’s mental health could seriously deteriorate if they do not have access to the green spaces and wildlife often found in the countryside, as is the case in some urban areas. This would, naturally, result in a drastic decrease in a person’s quality of life in both physical and mental terms, which runs counter to the very notion of a healthy life.

This is not to say that city life is devoid of benefits, however. In contrast to rural areas, cities are often home to a wide variety of health-related services, many of which could greatly aid city dwellers looking to lead a more healthy life. They could, for example, readily access advanced medical services to help them recover from serious illnesses. Others could maintain a healthy life by taking part in a wide variety of different sports, following highly specialized diets that best suit their physique, and other similar accommodations conducive to a healthy lifestyle that might be difficult to come by in rural regions.

In conclusion, while both regions could provide conditions suitable for a healthy lifestyle, I think that alternating between living in the two regions could combine the best of both, all while offsetting their respective flaws.