Nowadays it is not only large companies that can make films Digital technology enables anyone to produce films Do you think it is a positive or negative development

Nowadays, it is not only large companies that can make films. Digital technology enables anyone to produce films. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

It is commonplace today that besides large film production organizations, armatures can also produce films thanks to social networks and technology. From my perspectives, I opine that it has merits and demerits.

One evident benefit is that to anyone who is talented or gifted at film-making but struggles to pursue their dream, this is such a huge opportunity for them to be recognized and well-known. Because Internet is already widespread and accessible to everyone, there is virtually no limit or boundary for whoever wants to create a career, helping them not to waste their potentials in film production. For example, CL Team – a Vietnamese group of ambitious young people, took advantage of Tiktok to release short films. As a result, they eventually attracted the public with their outstanding acting and filming, which enables them to make a huge sums of money and become self-made people as well as inspiring figures to other young individuals.

Notwithstanding, however rewarding it is, I perceive there are several irksome conundrums. First, since social media is rather uncontrollable, some people easily release misleading and inappropriate content with a view to spurring attention. To illustrate, violent and sexual videos released without alert can succeed in provoking the curiosity of children, which results in the videos being viral and profitable. Second, the fact that everybody can produce films with even more climactic plots and aspiring actors may cause a decrease in the profits of large companies. Furthermore, professionals and experts in film industry may rage against amateurs becoming more famous and well-paid than them, which they find extremely unfair.

To recapitulate, whereas I advocate that digital platforms opening the door to everyone to participate in film production is beneficial, it is also a downside, considering the dangerous content are not easily controlled and professionals have profits decreasing.