Nowadays many people choose to be self employed rather than to work for a company or organisation Why might this be the case What could be the disadvantages of being self employed

In today’s society, many people believe that working for themselves instead of working for a company or organization is the best choice. From my perspective, there are some reasons to explain this thought and it can lead to many drawbacks.
For many people, becoming a self – employed gives them a flexibility and freedom in the work environment. They have a chance to work freedomly in the flexible workplace such as the coffee shop, the library or their house without the management of the boss or managers. Moreover, the number of youngsters has a tendency to start up business which is considered as the best oppoturnity to get a huge income without the control of rules and disciplines. In addition, one of the matters making more and more people refuse to work in the company is the pressure from the boss, managers and partners. For example, sometimes, you have to work overtime to accomplish deadlines and try to abide the complains of the manager about your mistakes.
Nonetheless, besides the above benefits, there are many risks from choosing to be self – employed. Firstly, the income of this kind of job is unstable. Your salary depends on the luck, effort, your knowledge and skills including communication skill, negotiation skill and financial management. However, in the fact, it is really hard to balance all of these factors. For example, in the pandemic situation as this moment, many people went the bankrupt because of the lack of experience to lead their business overcome the bad situation. On the other hand, being self – employed requires the substancial fund which can be out of your budget. So, they have to take out a loan from the bank and repay over a very long time.
In conclusion, many people give a decision to be be self – employed to desire a flexibility and freedom, but despite these advantages, there are many risks.