People think that government should increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles to solve environment problems Give your opinion

People think that government should increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles to solve environment problems. Give your opinion.

In the modern world, among a number of issues people have to deal with, environment is one of them. There is a wide belief that the cost of fuels for vehicles should be increased by the local authority in order to protect the environment. From my personal perspective, I am partly in favour of this idea owing to the following grounds.
On the one hand, the compelling justification for defending the aforesaid position is that if the cost of fuels went up, people have to spend more money to travel by own cars or other vehicle. It means, this makes them get other choices such as traveling by public transportation to save money. To illustrate, more people use public transportation, more emissions will be mitigated.
On the other hand, the reason as to why this standpoint should be refuted is that it is not surely evident that increasing the cost of fuels will help humans solve the environment problems. In detail, although the fee of fuels grows up, there are numerous people use car or other vehicles because of their convenient. Take an example, when traveling by bus to work, a person has to get up early and waits at the bus stop until the bus arrivals according to its timetable. It makes he/she time – consuming and uncomfortable. In addition to, special buses should be should prepared by companies or factories for their employees, which can help them solve travel and environment problems.
In conclusion, the ongoing argument convinces me that along with other solutions, government can increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles to solve environment problems.