The proliferation of private cars on the roads in many parts of the world has led to serious problems of pollution and may contribute to global warming Some people think that governments should spend money for the development of public transportation syst

The proliferation of private cars on the roads in many parts of the world has led to serious problems of pollution and may contribute to global warming. Some people think that governments should spend money for the development of public transportation systems in order to help alleviate this problem. Others think it is better to spend money for the development of electric and other types of cars that may cause less pollution.

Do you think it is better for governments to spend money developing public transportation or developing new kinds of cars? Why or why not? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

The serious air pollution problem caused by gas emission of nonpublic transportation throughout the world has become the main factor of the global warming issue. Many people recommend that the governments should take some actions like budgeting much money for the development of electric cars, which cause few negative impacts of air pollution problem, while others personally believe that tackling this problem can be done by the governments who spend money for the development of public transportation systems. I would argue that the governments are to spend money for the development of public transportation systems instead of producing electric cars.

In my opinion, though electric cars will not increase the air pollution, producing electric cars will cause other problems, especially in production costs, because it needs more much money than producing regular cars. Firstly, if the governments want to produce electric cars, they should think about its components as the components of electric cars are so expensive. Moreover, due to this electric cars production, the governments would have to allocate much money for this development. Thus, it will decrease services in other government sectors such as health and education sectors.

On the other hand, it seems to me that much money spent by the governments will make excellent public transportation because they can repair the broken trains or buses and probably buy the newest public transportation. First of all, the repaired or newest vehicles will be usually used by many passengers since they will feel more comfortable in using public transportation. To illustrate, the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) is the most-used public vehicle for many people in Singapore. In addition, since there would be many people utilizing those vehicles, not only the number of private cars on the road would be decreased gradually, but also the effect of global warming could be reduced steadily.

To conclude, it is clear to me that more money spent for the development of public transportation gives more positive effects than money for the production of electric cars does. I think that the governments should be fully prepared if they want to produce electric cars in big scale.