Science could help people to live up to 100 or 200 years Would it be a good or bad development Discuss both views and give your opinion

Science could help people to live up to 100 or 200 years. Would it be a good or bad development? Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Medical science is touching the sky of success in this jet age of 21st century. Presently, people are expected to survive even more than a century due to gigantic advancement in medical field. Undeniably, this trend will benefit the mankind. However, its drawbacks cannot be neglected. Here, I would like to account for both the positive as well as the negative effects of this development with my own perception.

Multifarious points throw light on pros of this phenomenon. First and foremost, living longer is lucrative for maximum enjoyment of life. To be specific, people can travel their favorite places and even they could enjoy their favorite foods for greater span. Apart from it, they could spend more quality time with their families. So, it will be an astronomical privilege. Moreover, the excellent professionals, such as doctors, engineers, sheriffs and so on, could contribute their marvelous services for longer period. Therefore, it will ensure a massive progress and development of the world.

On the thorny side, numerous points could depict the drawbacks of living longer. Initially, an upsurge in life expectancy period may lead to huge population. Consequently, it will not only promote deforestation but also increase the consumption of natural resources. Hence, the coming generations may have to suffer. Moreover, the increase in age of people will lead them to work longer. As a result, the young job seekers may have to face menace of unemployment.

From my notion, both sides have their own significance. Undoubtedly, surviving for 100 or more years can make our life more enjoyable. However, its cons can never be underestimated. The government may encourage people to do proper family planning and public could also be made aware of adversary impacts of this development.

To recapitulate, living longer would be a fabulous gift of science to entire mankind. But it is also very crucial to take over its shortfalls, as it is well acknowledged that ‘prevention is better than cure’.

due to gigantic advancement in medical field.
due to the gigantic advancement in medical field.