Essay topics: Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience.
To derive a double benefit from anything is considered a bonus, and this is especially the case when discussing leisure activities for children. The idea to fuse both education and entertainment into one activity is a goal of many educators; some would even believe that failure to do this makes the activity pointless. Drawing from examples in Sweden and reviewing games, such as Pokemon, I firmly believe that all activities should have an educational value.
Leisure activities are a perfect time to take advantage of the receptiveness in a child’s mind, and some countries are adamant about this. Take Sweden, for example. For many years they have legally stipulated that all children’s toys sold in the country should have some educational value. In addition, for such a rule to be passed it must be upheld by scientific research. Therefore, the advantage of incorporating an education element into toys is scientifically proven.
On the other hand, across the UK, children were wasting their time collecting and learning the statistics of each creature on each Pokemon card. If, however, these cards had been intertwined with more educational data the child could have simultaneously gained a more practical education. Due to the child learning large swathes of irrelevant and useless information it can be argued that the time would have been better spent with real facts and figures on the cards.
To conclude, scientific evidence from Sweden and fantasy games such as Pokemon with little educational value are two clear reasons why children’s leisure activities should have an element of learning involved.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 days 49 min ago||berryabhisheksn||89||Read full essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||b.yousefi||84||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||HaseebAhmed_793||56||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||EELLeeee||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||learnafren||84||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||mohamed osman aita||61||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||azhar46||78||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||saeed_S_1368||56||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 weeks ago||EugeneDubinchuk||69.5||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||Mitra||73||Read full essay|
- Some people think that modern technology is making people more sociable, while others think it is making them less sociable. Discuss both views and give your opinion (61)
- The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system in an effort to deal with the health issues involved. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in th (78)
- In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (56)
- Some companies sponsor sports as a way of advertising themselves. Some people think that it is good. Others think there are disadvantages to this.Discuss both sides and give your opinion. (73)
- Some people say that health care and education should be the responsibility of the government but others think that it is the responsibility of the individuals themselves. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (56)
- Some people say that health care and education should be the responsibility of the government but others think that it is the responsibility of the individuals themselves. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (61)
- Some companies sponsor sports as a way to advertise themselves. Some people think it is good, whiles others think there are disadvantages to this. Discuss both sides and give your opinion. (78)
- You have a problem with a neighbour.Write a letter your neighbour. In your letterDescribe the problem.Say how long it has been a problem.Explain what action you want the neighbour to take. (73)
- You are going on a short training course at a collage in Green mount, Northern Ireland. You need somewhere to live while you are there.Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In your letter,explain your situationdescribe the accommodat (73)
- You are going on a short training course at a collage in Green mount, Northern Ireland. You need somewhere to live while you are there.Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In your letter,explain your situationdescribe the accommodat (70)