Essay topics: Some people think that a person can never understand the culture of a country unless they speak the language.
Do you agree with this opinion?
Language is very important in all the world and for an individual to progress in a foreign country it is much important for him/her to understand the language of that country so that he/she will be able to know about the culture, way of dealing with local people. I believe that local language of a nation play a great role in the development of a person in foreign countries.
First of all, when a person travel to some other country, for every purpose such as education, business and immigration, he/she needs to understand the language of that particular place, and it will help very much in daily routine works. For instance, of a person travel to a foreign country for education, and he/she did not know about local language, there will be a lot of problems face to him/her and as a result that person will not be able to acquire full command on his/her education.
Furthermore, if some is doing business in a foreign country so that person needs to deal with local of that place and for best dealing he/she needs to have full command on local language. Individuals needs to follow the culture and civilization of a foreign country and without knowing about language it seems to be difficult for every person.
Therefore, I agree that for progressing in a foreign country, a person to have full command on language of that local area, and it helps in understanding of the culture and civilization of a nation and make easy to deal with local people for different purposes.
- In many countries today, Major cities have become too big and overcrowded.Why is this?What measures could be taken to reduce this problem?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (73)
- Some people think that parents have the greatest influence on their child’s academic development, while other think that a child’s teacher has more influence.Discuss both sides and give your opinion. (50.3333)
- In some countries, girls and boys are educated in different schools rather than in the same schools.What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? (48.6667)
- There are a number of different forms of communication and one such form is body language.In what way is body language a form of communication?What other ways do people communicate with each other? (53)
- Some people think that the only way to judge someone’s success in business is by the amount of money they make.Is money a true indicator of the success of a business?In what other ways could success in a business be measured? (60)
- Some people think that a person can never understand the culture of a country unless they speak the language.Do you agree with this opinion? (34)
- With an increasing population communication via the internet and text messaging, face to face communication will become a thing of the past.To what extent do you agree? (58.5)
- The performance of staff can have a significant impact on the success of a company.What can companies do to increase staff productivity. (38.6667)
- An increasing number of people are buying what they need onlineWhat are the advantages and disadvantages for both individuals and companies of shopping online? (68.5)
- Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society.Discuss both views and give your opinion. (63.5)