Some people think that when people travel to a different culture they should adapt to the local practices and customs To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that when people travel to a different culture they should adapt to the local practices and customs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is sometimes argued that tourists from foreign countries should have cultural immersion with the regions where they visit. In my opinion, while I highly agree with this idea, I still believe that sometimes customers should show their own culture.
On the one hand, it is understandable why many people advise visitors should be accustomed to the culture of where they travel. Firstly, this helps tourists not to be confused to meet new cultures and express reasonable behavior to reciprocate it. For instance, if foreigners adapt to the culture of Spain, they do not be surprised when native people give them two kisses – once on one cheek and once on the other – it just like a friendly greeting. In addition, there is a fact that exploring new cultural knowledge through direct experience is the easiest way for people to have a comprehensive view and long-term remember about regional customs, thus effectively broaden their horizons.
On the other hand, in some cases, if foreign visitors express their own valuable culture to native citizens, it may pave the way for cultural exchange between the two countries. For example, when traveling to other countries, if Vietnamese receive or give something to older native people, the objects should be passed with both hands, which is the non-verbal culture in Vietnam to express respect. This thing may arouse the curiosity of local people to explore Vietnamese customs
In conclusion, it is good for tourists to accustom to local customs and traditions when traveling but they should not forget to show their valuable culture. I strongly believe that these not only express the respect for visitors to other countries but strengthen inter-culture understanding between nations.