Essay topics: 30/10/2017
Some people think that higher salary is important when choosing a company to work for, while others think that good atmosphere at a workplace is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion with relevant examples.
Many aver being paid a big salary should be the main criterion for choosing a workplace while others claim having a pleasant atmosphere at an office is more crucial. Below both prospects will be analyzed and author’s opinion will be given.
On the one hand, picking a job position with a higher pay is a reasonable idea. Firstly, the size of a bank account is often seen as a measurement of a personal success and the amount of money earned per year has a correlation with a social status: the higher salary is, the higher social position the individual occupies. Secondly, today’s standards of living depend on the person’s income. So, by choosing bigger income, an employee creates better living conditions for his beloved sons, daughters and spouse. In other words, taking into consideration a size of a wage is a right thing to do because it correlates with a position in social hierarchy and well-being of dependants.
On the other hand, those who pay attention to the atmosphere at a workplace have their arguments. Primarily, many psychological studies demonstrate the connection between a friendly and joyful atmosphere in an office and a feeling of happiness and satisfaction of those who labor there with their lives. Furthermore, the same research showcases the correlation between the productivity of workers and their perception of working experiences. Shortly, a positive perception of a job leads to a dramatic increase in the volume of work done. The possible explanation to this founding was given by the researchers who believed the feeling of being a part of a large team whose members shares the same goals encourages people to collaborate with one another. Thus, it is safe to say working at a place with a decent atmosphere has some advantages.
In my opinion, although each prospect has its strong facets and weaknesses, I am personally prone to think choosing a job with a beneficial atmosphere is more reasonable because people spend a huge proportion of their adult life working. So, if a job provides folks with pleasant feelings, it is a better choice.
- 08/11/2017You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.Say where you think you left the papers.Explain why they are so importantTel (77)
- 08/11/2017Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own kn (79.5)
- 08/11/2017You recently noticed a local restaurant that was offering a part-time job.Write a letter to the restaurant's manager. In your letter,. explain that you would like to apply for the job. give some details of any relevant experience that you have. (79.5)
- 07.11.2017 A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and (76.5)
- 07/11/2017 Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (77)
- 07/11/2017A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and g (71.5)
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (79.5)
- 05.11.2017You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say– what was the item– why it was important that you get it immediately– what you suggest t (89.6667)
- 04/11/2017Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:– describe the problem with the dog– explain why it is important for you to sleep– outline what your neighbours could d (80.5)
- 04/11/2017 Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples. (82)