Essay topics: 31/10/2017
Some people believe that no homework should be given to children. Others, however, say that extra work is needed after school for children and teenagers in order to succeed. Discuss both the views and give your opinion including reasons and relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Many aver pupils should not be given any assignments that must be done at home. Others maintain students ought to have homework. Below both prospects will be discussed and author’s opinion will be given.
On the one hand, avoiding giving extra work appears to be a reasonable idea. Firstly, there are formative years from early childhood to late adolescence when offspring’s bodies, brains and the nervous system are developing. This period is characterized by fragility and necessity to relax. Consequently, if a kid is to grow up healthy and strong, regular rest is a must and a schoolboy can have it only after school. Secondly, a successful individual must be able to communicate efficiently with other members of the society. Developing social skills, intellect and copying effective models of behavior require a lot of interaction with peers, relatives and other caregivers. Those experiences must have to be acquired behind school walls through playing, chatting, hanging out but not doing homework. In other words, the progeny that does not have to do extra studying at home is healthier physically, mentally and better adapt to life in the community than those who labor doing homework.
On the other hand, the proponents of giving homework regularly point at several benefits of this practice. Primarily, studying at home forges an ability to work and unearth knowledge independently. If a person wants to be successful in a workplace of the future, he is going to do a lot of extra work on his own since the elementary school to get needed skills and personal traits. Furthermore, the volume of information that must be learned during school years is enormous and it keeps growing steadily. Absorbing the data could be achieved only via loading students with a great deal of homework. In other words, the more extra work and practice are given to listeners, the more they will be prepared to the future life.
In my opinion, although each point of view has its own merits and drawbacks, giving home assignments is inevitable evil without which it is unthinkable to succeed in tomorrow's workplace.
- 08/11/2017You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.Say where you think you left the papers.Explain why they are so importantTel (77)
- 08/11/2017Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own kn (79.5)
- 08/11/2017You recently noticed a local restaurant that was offering a part-time job.Write a letter to the restaurant's manager. In your letter,. explain that you would like to apply for the job. give some details of any relevant experience that you have. (79.5)
- 07.11.2017 A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and (76.5)
- 07/11/2017 Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (77)
- 07/11/2017A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and g (71.5)
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (79.5)
- 05.11.2017You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say– what was the item– why it was important that you get it immediately– what you suggest t (89.6667)
- 04/11/2017Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:– describe the problem with the dog– explain why it is important for you to sleep– outline what your neighbours could d (80.5)
- 04/11/2017 Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples. (82)