Essay topics: TPO-03 - Independent Writing TaskDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Essay topics: TPO-03 - Independent Writing Task

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Friendships are important for every individual, having a close relationship with another person is a part of our human nature which was inherited from our predecessors who lived in small groups and having a friend was an evolutional advantage which could save one's life. However, may we aver that keeping old friendships are more important than making new ones? My answer is negative. The reasons on which my prospect is based will be discussed in details below.

Firstly, making new friends is a decent mean of adaptation to new life circumstances. Our fathers and grandfather used to spend their entire lives on one location; however, today's reality requires from us to travel a lot, we often have to move from town to town and sometimes even to another country. In such circumstances an ability to build new friendships can be extremely useful. New friends might help you to get used to new place, learn local traditions and customs.

Secondly, creation of new friendships is natural for us, in fact, it is a part of our personal development. Human beings keep changing throughout their entire lives. Things, which used to fascinate, are loosing their attractiveness, for instance, when we were children we had a bunch of different friends who shared our interests, hobbies and even dreams; however, when we became older some of those people stopped being our friends and some of them might even turn into foes because our personal believes and inclination do not match anymore. Consequently, an ability to make new friends allows us to find new partners who share our current values and passions.

Finally, I honestly think that openness to new relationships makes our lives happier and us more attractive in the eyes of others. When you are open-minded and looking for new friendships it makes you a better more interesting company. By contrast, if you are closed and focused on keeping your old connections, you look unattractive, negative and even dangerous. Imagine that you visit a party and you see two persons. The first one is smiling at you and tries to make with you a small talk, the second person is gloomy and demonstrates no interest toward you. With whom you like to be associated? The answer seems to be quite conspicuous.

To wrap up, having friendships is one of the characteristics of our kind and openness to new relationships has several undisputable advantages which make this personal trait more preferable than stubborn adherence to old probably obsolete friendships.

Friendships are important for every individual, having a close relationship with another person is a part of our human nature
Friendships are important for every individual, and having a close relationship with another person is a part of our human nature

are loosing their attractiveness
are losing their attractiveness

Sentence: Friendships are important for every individual, having a close relationship with another person is a part of our human nature which was inherited from our predecessors who lived in small groups and having a friend was an evolutional advantage which could save one's life.
Error: evolutional Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: To wrap up, having friendships is one of the characteristics of our kind and openness to new relationships has several undisputable advantages which make this personal trait more preferable than stubborn adherence to old probably obsolete friendships.
Error: undisputable Suggestion: No alternate word

A lot of pronouns in the fourth paragraph.