Essay topics: Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Economic progress is seen by many politicians as their main aim. At the same time, some aver that attention ought to be paid not only to economic progress but to other types of it in even proportions. Below both prospects will be discussed and author’s opinion will be given.
On the one hand, maintenance and buttressing of economic progress often has the highest priority for many governments. This is an understandable stance due to the fact that strong and vigorous economy benefits a society in many ways. For instance, there are a plethora of jobs available, employees’ salaries are growing, revenue of businesses keeps increasing and overall standards of living are rocketing as well. Consequently, if politicians manage to maintain state’s economy in a great shape, the voters will be satisfied and contented people will be giving their voices to the elected officials in power who have brought them prosperity. Thus, government’s believe that economic progress has a crucial importance is reasonable.
On the other hand, there are those who point out that other kinds of progress should not be neglected. Although those other types are less propelled by the mass media and politicians do not usually include them in their speeches, such progress as technological has been having a great impact on the humankind for many centuries. In fact, this progress has shaped our cities, homes and even the way we live. For instance, all means of transportation and communication that are used by people routinely are fruits that have been brought to the mankind by technological progress. Moreover, there is scientific, moral and other types of progress that play a considerable role in maintaining healthy functioning of a modern society. Thus, not only economic progress but other types of it as well seem to be evenly important.
Finally, in my opinion, although there is indeed a wide variety of progress that has effect on the way the society is working, I think that they aren’t equally important because economic underpins functioning of any country. Moreover, economic progress is essential for other types of progress because if there is sluggish economy there will be no resources available to develop new technologies or moral codes.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||Yuki Chan||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||ocndy||56||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 days ago||A92||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 6 days ago||charithasw||61||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Linhjane||89||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Sergey||67||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Fate||89||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||sahilverma16||89||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||A92||92||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||dade174||61||Read full essay|
- 08/11/2017You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.Say where you think you left the papers.Explain why they are so importantTel (77)
- 08/11/2017Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own kn (79.5)
- 08/11/2017You recently noticed a local restaurant that was offering a part-time job.Write a letter to the restaurant's manager. In your letter,. explain that you would like to apply for the job. give some details of any relevant experience that you have. (79.5)
- 07.11.2017 A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and (76.5)
- 07/11/2017 Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (77)
- 07/11/2017A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and g (71.5)
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (79.5)
- 05.11.2017You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say– what was the item– why it was important that you get it immediately– what you suggest t (89.66670000000001)
- 04/11/2017Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:– describe the problem with the dog– explain why it is important for you to sleep– outline what your neighbours could d (80.5)
- 04/11/2017 Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples. (82)