People in community now could buy cheaper consumer goods Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages

People in community now could buy cheaper consumer goods. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

These days, consumers are able to meet their routine needs with a wider range of diverse products with lower price. Although there are some benefits which could be seen in the economic situation, I believe drawbacks of this growing trend are more significant.

There is always a balance between supply and demand in the market. By decreasing the fixed price of some products, increase in the request value is an obvious result. This trend could be beneficial for society in terms of providing more job opportunity for job seekers, also motivating industries to improve their product’s process to fulfill consumer’s desires which is positive aspects for economy. Furthermore, with regard to reduced price, low income families will be attracted to purchasing products even in large scale and it could lead to fostering the general prosperity of a country’s economy. However, all these mentioned benefits cannot overshadow the disadvantages.

In many countries, especially developing ones, whenever demanding for products risen enormously, their quality will drop suddenly. With regard to soaring pattern of decreasing fees, the matter of price comes forward more than before and profit will become a primary concern for businesses. So, local products, due to their higher quality and total cost, would face an unfair competition with importation stuff, such as Chinese mass products with low quality and cost, surrounding all around the globe which cause lots of trouble for local industries. As a result, they are forced to lessen their quality to stay at market and after a short time, people will gradually lose their trust on the domestic manufacturer. In addition, by reducing the price, consumerism will become a common behavior in society, therefore a number of waste disposal will rise vividly and such expansion would have grave side effects to the environment.

In overall, although providing low price merchandises could be fruitful at first glance, it has some long-lasting drawbacks which could be a significant threat for all society’s members.