Essay topics: Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Many claim that those who pursue a university degree ought to be allowed to study any courses they wish. At the same time, some aver that forcing the young people to study only those subjects from which they will benefit greatly in the future is only a reasonable option. Both prospects as well as author’s opinion will be discussed in details below.
On the one hand, giving students an opportunity to pick any subject could bring many benefits. For instance, students’ motivation will likely be increasing due to feeling that they are in charge of their future. In fact, implementation of the policy would turn them from possible objects of educational process into active creators of their fate. Furthermore, some people who pursue tertiary education may have doubts whether they have made a right choice or not. The proposed policy could provide them with an indispensable opportunity to be sure that they have made a right choice of profession or to alter their major field of studying. In other words, there are some benefits in having a choice and being in charge of one’s education.
On the other hand, studying subjects that were prescribed by pedagogical authorities has some obvious advantages as well. Firstly, university staff that often have connections with businesses and government structures may design courses that will meet tomorrow’s requirements. Thus, alumni will be well-prepared for competing with others in a search for a well-paid job after graduation. Secondly, limiting students’ choice means that they will have to enroll in courses that are essential and required by future work but often disliked by the learners. For instance, many doctors would probably desire to avoid studying anatomy which is considered to be one of the most challenging subjects that demands memorizing a huge volume of information. Thus, the policy discussed possesses some positive facets.
To sum up, in my opinion, although both policies have some pluses, it seems that benefits of the second one are more important because no one would like to be treated by a doctor who didn’t study anatomy at medical academy.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 1 day ago||joshleyas||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 1 day ago||joshleyas||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Dthphuong||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||tejalnikunjsoni||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||goodluck0101||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||goodluck0101||67||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||zoey le||84||Read full essay|
|2 months 7 hours ago||Ajay.dhariwal||61||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 days ago||Hangnga||56||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||nooraleslam2011||78||Read full essay|
- 08/11/2017You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.Say where you think you left the papers.Explain why they are so importantTel (77)
- 08/11/2017Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own kn (79.5)
- 08/11/2017You recently noticed a local restaurant that was offering a part-time job.Write a letter to the restaurant's manager. In your letter,. explain that you would like to apply for the job. give some details of any relevant experience that you have. (79.5)
- 07.11.2017 A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and (76.5)
- 07/11/2017 Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (77)
- 07/11/2017A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and g (71.5)
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (79.5)
- 05.11.2017You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say– what was the item– why it was important that you get it immediately– what you suggest t (89.66670000000001)
- 04/11/2017Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:– describe the problem with the dog– explain why it is important for you to sleep– outline what your neighbours could d (80.5)
- 04/11/2017 Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples. (82)