Some people think cars are a better way of transportation around the city while other prefers cycling Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people think cars are a better way of transportation around the city, while other prefers cycling. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Nowadays, there are different modes of transportation (transit) available for moving around the urban area. The acceptable mode of transport in cities is still a debatable topic. A bunch of people assert that motor vehicle are the best mean of transportation to be used in urban areas while others state that bikes are better alternatives. In my opinion, automobiles are comfortable and fast mode of transit but bicycles are better for health and environment.
To commence with, cars are attractive means of transport in major cities because it is convenient and safe from inclement (unpleasantly cold or wet, harsh) weather. In addition, these are faster mode of transportation and suitable for covering long distances in a short period. To cite an example, an article published in – ‘The Time of India’- revealed that 95 % of working professionals are preferred their private cars while going to office. However, it is the biggest cause of air pollution too and creates a lot of traffic congestion in cities. Besides this, maintaining a car is pricey owing to the cost of fuel and maintenance.
On the other hand, Is there any other mode of transport for travelling within city? Certainly, there are bikes which are not only Eco-friendly but also cheap mode of transport. Riding a bike is healthy as it keeps fit and burns extra calories which protects us from obesity and heart problems. Having said that, there are numerous downsides of riding bikes. It is a physically demanding task and not suitable for long distances. Last but not least, it is time consuming and can’t provide any protection from rain and shine.
To conclude, despite being a time-saving and a comfortable mode of travel, I still prefer bicycles over the cars since bike riding is environment friendly, help to mitigate the pollutions.