Agree/Disagree:Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past.

In this competitive world, life cycle is rolling fast and never stops. That changed the life’s face entirely. Some people believe that because the world is changing so rapidly, people now are less happy than people lived in the past. Others disagree. In my opinion people in the past enjoyed much happier life than people live in the fast world today. The following arguments will reveal my stands and reasoning.

The most important points to be mentioned here is this fast life cycle requires much more tasks from individuals. These tasks should be done in a short time. This problem will put a huge amount of stress on the person who lives in these days. Let’s talk about a women live in 2015 and compare her to a woman lived in 1960. The former is required to do many things, she has to work outside the home to support her family and she has to be a good wife, mother, and home arranger. She has to do all these tasks in a short time because of the fast competitive world. That will create a lot of pressure and will increase her opportunities to have depression and other psychological problems. On the other hand, women in the sixties were more relaxed and much happier. Women back then were mainly house wives, the life at that time didn’t necessitate their work, since the life on general were easier and slower. Consequently, women were relieved and happy, and they were able to make their family more happy and relaxed. This gives the conclusion that a slow relaxed life in the past ensured happy and relieved people.

The second noteworthy reason that makes me hold this opinion is that the rapid change in this time have affected lives’ quality, and peoples quality’s as well. Any one’s status could be changed very quickly. A vivid example can be mentioned here to shed light over the subject is my neighbor’s story. He used to work for a famous company for many years. He enjoyed his life and tried all kinds of fun. Out of a sudden, he got laid off by his employer, and his financial hardship officially started. Unfortunately, he lost his home, and his wife left him. Sadly, he is a homeless now. This extreme story wouldn’t have to exist in the past. People is the past was able to help and take care about each other’s much better than today. In fact, speedy life led to materialized people. As you can clearly see, people nowadays live sad lives compared to their ancestors.

To sum up, people in the past enjoyed a better and happier lives than people live today. The speedy life put unbearable stress on individuals and that affected people’s qualities. But to be optimistic, why don’t we spread love and care to people around us because human kinds will stay the most important aspect among all.

enjoyed much happier life
enjoyed a much happier life

the rapid change in this time have affected lives’ quality,
the rapid change in this time has affected lives’ quality,

People is the past was able to help
People in the past were able to help

--------------------