Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If people are on vacation (holiday), they should leave their mobile phones at home.

No one would doubt that people are looking forward to vacations or holidays, and want to relax during their trips. Therefore, some may argue that in order to have true rests, people should leave their mobile phones at home. However, according to the following reasons and some of my personal experiences, I strongly suggest that people should carry their cell phones when they have vacations.

First, people may encounter unpredictable events, and with cell phones, people can handle unexpected situation smoothly. For example, my classmates and I went to Tokyo last summer vacation as our graduation trip and we went to Mountain Fuji. Unfortunately, we got lost in the mountain. What’s worse, most of us leave our cell phones in Taiwan because we thought that we did not have to talk to anyone there in Japan. Out of a sudden, one of our classmates took out his iphone and located our site. As a result, we found our way out. Because of this trip, we all learn a lesson which is carrying cell phones is safer.

Secondly, people care about their career, even during vacations, and others can connect people who is off duty when there are emergencies. Take my father for example, our family went to Shanghai last Christmas vacation and my mother required my father not to bring cell phones, because she regarded the trip as family-exclusive time. However, during our trip his boss needed to my father to connect an important client, because my father was in charge to that case. Since my father did not have cell phone with him, no one could my father. Consequently, the clients had to wait until my father came back to work, making his boss so angry. Therefore, people should bring their mobiles to ensure that boss or VIP clients can keep in touch with them.

Last but not least, people always want to grab and share their memories promptly, and people can take pictures and upload them with smart phones. Take Fred, my little brother, for example, Fred likes to travel and is eager to share every place where he visits. Furthermore, he is not every rich or strong, so he does not have a digital camera or a laptop. Therefore, he can take photos of amazing sceneries and share those photos immediately. Hence, once people want to keep and share their trips, having cell phones with them is an ideal solution.

Admittedly, people do not want to be bothered during their holidays, so it may seem reasonable that people should leave their mobiles at home. Yet, based on aforementioned analyses, I still believe that having cell phones during trips is a better choice.

no one could my father.
no one could reach my father.