Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? in the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them: today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives, use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
The relationship between the children and parents possess a great role on the personality of the kids; if children are grown up in a close link with their parents the impact factor of parents on the kids will be high. The prompt asks about the dependency of young children on their parents for decision making, in nowadays and past. In my perspective, the current youth are more independent in this aspect and make their own decisions. Among the countless reasons which give adherence to standpoint; I would list the most conspicuous ones in what follows.
The first striking reason which should be highlighted is the financial dependency of past young children on their parents. Indeed, according to the noteworthy intelligent study conducted in my country, thirty years ago, approximate seventy-five percent of young boys after the age of 15 started to work in their dads' vocations, to learn how to handle their fathered occupation in the future. The purpose of this action was mastering whole details required for continuing of the fathered job. As the young generation works for father or even grandfather; they depend on the father for money. This dependency caused the kids to be more obeyable of the fathers' decision and advises. However, in the current generation, most youths select the field of study and job according to their tendency and wish, and this situation has weakened the previous link existed between the parents and kids. Therefore, nowadays, kids are freer to make their own decision.
Another equally noteworthy reason which should be considered is the difference in family structure in the past and modern time. Meanwhile, in the past, a grandparent with their children and grandchildren live in the same house; in the current time, on the other hand, there are small, nucleus family which contains parents with one or two kids who after their adulthood, initiate to live lonely. This is lucidly obvious that this variation of family structure has altered the kids’ dependency on the parents for making the decision. A lucid example which shed the spotlight on the issue is my parents’ instance. My parents after their marriage had lived in my grandparents’ house for ten years, and since my grandfather had some roles in the home; they had to accept and obey them. For instance, the whole family member should have a meal at the same time in the same table. In this condition, my older brother, who was a kid at that time had to bear his hunger, until my grandfather and father came home. In this restricted condition, it is explicit that, there was no chance to decide according to your own wish. On the contrary, in modern time, small families are more flexible and let the kids experience the sense of freedom and making the decision individually.
The final crucial reason which should be mentioned here is the inadequacy of parents' knowledge about the current situation. In another word, nowadays, for the sake of scientific superfast enhancement in the various fields, it is impossible to catch its speed. However, the young generation is more updated about these events in comparison with their parents. In this case, the parents cannot provide a suitable solution which matches with the latest issues. Thus, the kids with their comprehensive understanding make their own decision.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons explicitly illustrate that the current generation is freer about decision making. Since they are financially independent, live separately; in addition, they possess the most updated knowledge about the events.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||Opak Pulup||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||Opak Pulup||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||naziii||76||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 5 days ago||prayashpathak||70||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 13 hours ago||mobinzaarreh||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||peymankaz||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||Qwe||76||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||M.S 2019||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||zaryabcoder||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Nafis||76||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)