Do you agree or disagree with the following statement People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Some people argue that people nowadays spend a lot of their free time on productive activities—the tasks they should be doing—because they are under the impression that people are using the technological innovations for useful purposes. However, I strongly disagree with this stance for two reasons, which I will elucidate below.
First of all, I firmly believe that people are spending a major chunk of their idle time on pursuing leisure activities because of the prodigious amount of time I see them spending on internet, mainly social media. It is daunting, to say the least. My younger brother is a compelling illustration of what I mean. Every weekday, after returning from school, he spends almost 5 hours on social media browsing content feed, texting to his friends, and watching miscellaneous videos that is in no way a propitious use of his free time. And, this gets even worse on weekends where browsing social media is the only significant thing he does in the entire day. Moreover, it is not just social media which is to be blamed for taking away valuable time from our population, video streaming websites—netflix, amazon prime, hulu, etc—are equally culpable.
Secondly, I believe that people have started devoting a lot of their time playing video games rather than playing the actual sport. Video games are quite detrimental to the health of individuals who are playing and in no sense a productive use of their time. Atleast when one plays a real sport on field, one gains health benefits. And sitting on couch playing on one’s playstation entire day is not a pursuit anyone would admire. My older cousin is a persuasive example of this. He spends like 8 to 10 hours daily on his playstation. No wonder he performs poorly in academics, barely getting pass marks in university courses. Rather, he should devote that precious time on studying, doing assignments, conducting research, etc.
In conclusion, for the aforementioned two reasons, I argue that people today are squandering a major portion of their time on engaging in activities which they shouldn’t pursue. And, in the near future, it is going to have adverse ramifications on both the individuals and the society as a whole.