Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone.

When making significant decision, such as selecting a career, many people may rely on their own self and reach the final decision all alone due to several reasons; they spend less time, avoid arguing with other, or simply want to keep their decisions private and personal. Even though it seems more comfortable to just make decision alone, I believe that people should at least asking for some other's opinions before making such important decision. In this essay, I will discuss reasons and examples to support my viewpoint.

To begin with, in taking decision, we should gather as much information as possible in order to select a very right option or we might end up choose a bad one ignoring some vital detail. Because such information is so important that it really has effect on our decision, we should ask others who have more experience for more information about our decision. For example, when a high school student planning to select a university, it is better for him to consult his teacher or even ask the internet about advantage and disadvantage of each university than to randomly select one in his mind without learning any strong point of each university.

In making decision, we sometimes focus on just few solutions without realizing some other more feasible options. To avoid such situation, we can ask other for their opinions because discussing with friend or brain storming with team usually generates more idea than thinking alone. Although sometimes the discussion may not create any new solution, we can at least confirm that our initial idea is good enough for the final decision. For instance, when my senior manager planning a business strategy, although he is the one with the most experience in this business and already had a solid strategy in his mind, he was not make the final decision all alone but rather discussed with his team to generate some more possible solutions. As a result, the final plan was significantly differ from the original one and the plan has been proven to be a success strategy during that year. If the manager planed the strategy all alone, he might miss some important aspects and came out with the inferior decision.

In conclusion, I suggest that we always make important decision after discussing it with others. If we do so, then we will rarely miss any feasible solution, and will not consider the decision with lack of information. Thus, our final decision will be better than the one we make just by our self.

When making significant decision,
When making a significant decision,

avoid arguing with other,
avoid arguing with others,

to just make decision alone,
to just make decisions alone,

people should at least asking for
people should at least ask for

we might end up choose a bad one ignoring some vital detail.
we might end up choosing a bad one ignoring some vital details.

generates more idea than thinking alone.
generates more ideas than thinking alone.

when my senior manager planning a business strategy,
when my senior manager is planning a business strategy,

he was not make the final decision all alone
he was not making the final decision all alone
he did not make the final decision all alone

the final plan was significantly differ from the original one
the final plan was significantly differing from the original one
the final plan significantly differed from the original one

---------------------