Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Every child should be raised in a home with two parents. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Every child should be raised in a home with two parents. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

That children should be raised in a home with two parents is an undeniable fact. Children deserve to benefit from both parents and I believe that it would have a significant effect on their life. Although some insightful people might counter this statement, I approve that based on the following reasons.

First and foremost, children’s personality would be enriched if they are trained by both parents. Each of parents plays a significant and unique role in child’s cognitive development. As for the emotional aspects of a person’s personality, mothers contribute considerably; mother’s unconditional love and kindness show the children that they should be kind to others and treat them appropriately. Father’s substantial and chronic supports give the children a sense of security and calmness. Admittedly, parents are the best role models for the children and lack of each will have a pernicious effect on the children’s character.

Second, since the children are guided and supervised by both parents, they will have a higher chance for success. With various kinds of support from parents, they will be encouraged to do their best and achieve their goals. Considering that parents are ambitious for their children, they will thrive to provide the best facilities for their children, which certainly assist them to succeed. By sharing their experiences, parents can help their children to grow up and become strong adults. According to a report from Iran’s national newspaper, the children who are raised by both parents in Iran are more educated and have higher standards of living. Hence, parents’ role in children’s success is indisputable.

Last but not least, children who are raised by both parents are usually happier than those who are raised by single parents. Imagine how the child would feel when he or she sees other children at school who live happily with both their parents. Obviously, it would be very difficult for the children to speak about their parents and say to their friends that their parents are divorced. According to a report from VOA science in the news, the children who live with both parents in the United States are more satisfied and happy with their life. Therefore, being raised by both parents leads to more appreciation of life.

All in all, some sophisticated people, however, might prove the opposite viewpoint, but I reiterate that children must be raised by both parents based on the arguments made in the body paragraphs. In weighing the pros and cons, the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks.

No. of Words: 414 while No. of Different Words: 208