Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news sources.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news sources.

In modern society, staying up-to-date is very important in order to succeed. Due to intense competition between people in various fields, people are inclined to read more about the current events. The more we know, the more we would be successful. Some insightful individuals agree that one must get information from many distinct sources in order to be well-informed; some others, however, disagree. In my perspective, I agree with the statement based on the following reasons.

First and foremost, we should read the new from various sources because of censorship. In some countries, the government does not allow people to publish the truth or some details about an event. For example, in my country, only the positive and advantageous information are allowed to be published. We never see anything about governmental issues and negative facts. As a result, we can evaluate the reliability of information buy looking at other sources.

Second, by checking various news sources, we can look at current events from different viewpoints. Owing to complexity of some issues, they can be interpreted in distinct ways; hence, one can be well-informed by analyzing distinct viewpoints about a particular issue in the news.

Finally yet importantly, the information in the news can be exaggerated in order to reach a certain goal. For instance, they might give a report about the economic status of the country so that people think the prices of lands would be decreases. Consequently, many people might be persuaded to buy some pieces of lands, and some treacherous businesspersons could make a substantial profit by selling their lands. In summary, getting information from several sources can assist us to distinguish truth from untruth, and avoid being tricked by others.

All in all, although some insightful people might disagree with the statement, I reiterate that getting more information from various sources has some major advantages, as I discussed in the body paragraphs.

would be decreases
would be decreased