Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

In today's world, democracy is something that has changed the primitive thoughts of many people. Some years ago, there were people that thought that the only correct point of view were their concepts, even some countries obligated their citizens to accept the government ideas by the force. Nevertheless, after many strikes around the world and the recognizing of free speech, this fact has transformed the society. Thus, I don't agree with the statement that the professor should not provide their preference about political or social affairs. I based my point of view in some arguments that I will develop in the next paragraphs.

First, if the professor states his point of view, he might give a lesson to students. The school is a place that contains students from a mixture of social levels. Therefore, we might find different subjects educated in different ways and also with different ideas about social and political topics. For instance, if the professor makes an argument about a social problem, he for sure will create a discussion in the class. This debate will be beneficial because some students might have wrong ideas about topics and they don't realize it, in other words the student might believe that certain political party is bad because her or his father thinks that, but when listening to the professor he or she understands that his or her father was wrong. As we can see, the professor's view might help students to clarify their thoughts.

In addition, if the professor expresses his point, and some students don't agree, anyway they will learn to accept and respect the ideas of others. For instance, I remember when I was in high school. My friend Pedro who was a fanatic catholic person, was very disappointed when he hear our math professor saying that ''he doesn't believe in any religion''. This was something really shocking for him, but latter on, he learned that the professor was a great person and that he has to respect the idea of each person. This experience taught me that listening to other people’ view, we might learn to cope with them.

Notwithstanding, I acknowledge that sometimes people state their point of view and some individuals don't accept it and this might create even worse problems that can might be fatal, for example in situations where a religious group don't accept other groups belief. But overall, I consider that people should claim their ideas.

To sum up, for the reasons stated above, I believe the professors should state their point of view because it might give a lesson to students and also it might teach them to respect other people' ideas

there were people that thought that
there were people who thought that

when he hear our math professor saying
when he heard our math professor saying

taught me that listening to other people’ view, we might learn to cope with them.
taught me that by listening to other people’ view, we might learn to cope with them.

sometimes people state their point of view and some individuals don't accept it and this might create even worse problems that can might be fatal,

where a religious group don't accept other groups belief
where a religious group doesn't accept other groups' belief

The examples in the fourth paragraph should be something like this: it may waste time for teachers who make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

The introduction should be simpler and straight forward.

No. of Grammatical Errors: 5 2 //you may put less content but leave some minutes check out grammar errors.