Do you agree or disagree? There is no reason to study the past since we live in the present

It is an undeniable fact that the learning about the past gives lots of knowledge about our ancestors and their life style. However, some people do not like to do study about past as they think our past has no impact on our present and future and other people think opposite. From my vintage point, it is very important for a person to learn from the past in order to improve his performance in life. I would like to give detail explanation about the reasons behind my selection.

The first exquisite point to be mentioned is that the study of past provides us a wide range of knowledge about our history. Indeed, some people sacrificed their entire lives for humanity and its crucial to learn about their actions. For instance, Mahatma Gandhi was a person who gave freedom to India from British people. In order to learn the importance of his role in our independent India, learn about history is necessary. Additionally, technological progress is induced by new scientific discoveries that would never occur without knowledge of prior achievements in the certain scientific field. One can improve his life by looking back in the other person’s life and gets motivation from it. Therefore, study of history does a great help to a person in the present and future.

Another reason that deserves some words is that in order to avoid negative consequences of our past mistakes, learning about it is very significant. Apparently, when one looks back in life; what he did in the past, he gets an idea what mistake he did and he can avoid reoccurrence of the same mistakes, if he becomes more careful and alert. For instance, few years back I gave my Toefl ibt exam, I didn’t prepare well for the exam and got lower grade as a result. I would avoid the same mistake to achieve my desire score in the exam. Moreover, past study also helps when one wants to find the solution of his problems. Certainly during world war II, the nuclear bomb was used on Hiroshima, people are aware about that disaster, hence they try to avoid the similar kind of situation in the future. Hence, learning teaches important lesson of not to do mistakes again.

The noteworthy interesting research conducted in my country shows seventy -five percent people like to learn about the past as they find it interesting and informative. The questionnaires were distributed in public and the data were collected from them.

To wrap up, I firmly believe learning about past has a great influence in our lives because one learns about the great people of history and can avoid the similar mistakes in life.

and its crucial to learn
and it's crucial to learn

Sentence: Apparently, when one looks back in life; what he did in the past, he gets an idea what mistake he did and he can avoid reoccurrence of the same mistakes, if he becomes more careful and alert.
Error: reoccurrence Suggestion: No alternate word

More sentences varieties wanted. Try to use less pronouns (like 'It, I, They, We, You...') as the subject of a sentence. Look:

what
he did in the past,
he gets an idea what mistake
he did and he can avoid reoccurrence of the same mistakes, if
he becomes more careful and alert.

----------------------