Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people on a team or to work independently? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

Although some people prefer to work independently, working with group is more advantageous. Nowadays, it is a requirement to know how to perform work in groups. Therefore, people should learn to work with groups because works and universities require it.

Any discussion about working in groups must include work requirements. Today, it is a fundamental requisite to know how to perform assignments in group. For example, in my current job they asked me in my first day, if I have worked with other people before and how my experience was. This was an essential factor that they considered when they hired people. Thus, if I would have not had previous experience working with a group, I would not have gotten the job. Companies are looking for people who get along with others easily.

Moreover, universities are also interested in improving team working skills. In order to success in school, a person must have to work in groups. By the time I attended to college, I had to get a partner for class assignments. Professors were engaged with the idea of discussion between students. If you wanted to express an idea, first you had to talk with your partner. Thus, we strongly built skills in working on teams. This lesson was fundamental because I got my first job due to I knew how to work with groups.

Finally, one of the greatest benefits of working in group is the opportunity to learn from others; consequently, one's can interchange ideas and understand different perspectives. Every person is different and has his own point of view. It is important to respect that to avoid issues later. For instance, my classmate from college was from a different religion. I understood and respected him after all. Even though my thoughts were different, I never had a problem with him. Furthermore, working with others has enabled to me to gain knowledge. I remember when I started working and I did not know how to use the centrifuge. My coworker helped and explained to me. All this was not been possible, if I were would be working by myself.

To sum up, working with groups offers so many benefits, which are essential for the development of people in their works, but also universities. In addition, people have the wonderful opportunity to learn knowledge from others. That is why I rather work with groups than work by myself.

perform assignments in group.
perform assignments in a group.

if I would have not had previous experience working with a group, I would not have gotten the job.

In order to success in school,
In order to succeed in school,

if I were would be working by myself.
if I were working by myself.