Essay topics: magine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away, Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader, Say nothing
In my opinion, the best way to deal with such a situation is by waiting until the event is over, then talking to the teacher or leader after all the people are gone. I feel this way for many reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with, discussing the topic with the lecturer while no one is around will increase the chances for a positive outcome. This is mainly due to the fact that when everyone is gone, we will have a quite environment to exchange ideas without distraction or interruption. In addition, we will both feel comfortable expressing our thoughts. Moreover, if the teacher's stance was wrong, there would be less embarrassment for both of us. My own experience is a compelling example on what I mean. When I was in high school, I used to take private English language lessons with couple of friends. On one of the sessions, our tutor gave us the wrong pronunciation for a word. At first, I was not quite sure what to do as I knew that was not the right way to say it as I was just looking at the same word in a well-known dictionary a couple of days ago. Therefore, I decided to be patient and waited until all my friends went home then I talked to my tutor about this mistake. Furthermore, we checked the dictionary together to verify the correct vowels. After that, my teacher was convinced about the more natural way to pronounce this word. This example demonstrates the benefits of discussing controversial matters privately with instructors.
Secondly, interrupting teachers during speeches or saying nothing is not recommended. interrupting could distract other students as the professor may have passed mentioning the topic in question, and by asking while teaching a different topic or idea, other attendees could be thrown off or they may get confused between the two points. Needless to say that staying silent and saying nothing is even worse, especially in case the tutor was incorrect. To clarify, in my previous example, if I chose not to point out to my tutor this fact, there would have been two consequences. First, I would not have been able to validate my own knowledge against that of my teacher. Further, my friends would have learnt the wrong pronunciation, which would, in turn, have affected their grades.
In summation, the most convenient way to handle such circumstances is by having a one-on-one discussion with the educator or mentor. This is becuase doing so will result in mutual understanding, less distraction for other students and no feelings of intimidation for the professor.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 11 hours ago||kkang||76||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 16 hours ago||Bonjourkmm||3||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||mahdi.sdt||76||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 5 days ago||lucy2244||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||marysv||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||marysv||80||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week email@example.com||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 days ago||Q||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||negiin||76||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||negiin||73||Read full essay|
- london and german fossils (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be a leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86)
- online pharmacies (83)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss theseviews. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (90)
- methane gas explosion vs asteroid (80)
- tunguska (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (88)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (76)
- Some students prefer to study at a large university that has several thousand students. Other students prefer studying at a small school that has only a few hundred students. Which type of these two types of schools do you prefer? (60)