Essay topics: Parents are the best teachers. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
One of the heavy burdens on the shoulder of parents is raising children who are well-adjusted in the society, away from all prevailing anomalies. To achieve this aim, they motivate their children to experience the trials and tribulations of real life. Stemming from this fact, a relevant question that is a moot point is whether parents are the best educators or not. Due to the controversial nature of this question, there is not a general agreement on this issue. I am, however, to a great extent of the conviction that if parents want to educate their children, they should have especial hallmarks like knowledge, teaching skills, patience and so forth. The following reasons will aptly substantiate my personal perspective.
To commence with, it is established beyond doubt that teaching requires necessary skills. Indeed, being knowledgeable is of utmost critical importance that plays an important role in a teaching career. Generally phrased, although parents might have a fundamental knowledge of educating, it will not be sufficient in order to make children knowledgeable in the long run. For example, if take experienced teachers into consideration, they have enough skills to recognize what is useful or effective and what is not. To elucidate more on this issue, the paucity of knowledge in teaching career could not guarantee the children's success or even youth and they will not be able to make a progress day in day out. As a tangible example, vast majorities of students who have been educated by their parents are not able to handle problems when they run into huge difficulties.
Another reason that should not go unnoticed is that emotional bond is an obstacle for teaching. To put it in another word, parents start influencing from the time children are born and they always take positive action into account, which makes teaching harder. Going into the depth, if parents do not consider negative actions of their children, they will not be adroit and skilled. In fact, praise positive actions do not allow children to grow up maturely.
However, on the other hand, parents could educate their children better than any others owing to the fact that parents will support and patronize them wisely and help them to be successful in their personal lives.
In the light of reasons elaborated, I reiterate that children should be educated wisely and effectively whether with parents or a skillful teacher. Arguably, due to the lack of knowledge and teaching skills parents could not be useful and due to the emotional bond children will not learn deeply because there is a possibility that parents just praise positive actions.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. (73)
- tpo 51 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. (90)
- TPO 50 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. (90)
- It is a waste of money for government to fundspace exploration. Do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Which one do you think is the most important factor for a student to succeed at college or university? Tutors in university. The encouragement from family and friends.High-quality education from high school. (73)
- "Two years ago the city voted to prohibit skateboarding in Central Plaza. They claimed that skateboard users were responsible for the litter and vandalism that were keeping other visitors from coming to the plaza. In the past two years, however, there has (38)
- Some people believe that competition for high grades motivates students to excel in the classroom. Others believe that such competition seriously limits the quality of real learning.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with (66)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your rea (66)