People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge).

Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Universities and colleges are institutions of higher learning that help people achieve their dreams and aspirations through research and teaching. People who attend universities have different objectives in mind when they do. What are these objectives?

Some people who attend universities or colleges with the hope of getting employment upon graduation. In our world today where there are limited employment opportunities, getting a good job is a very difficult task that people need specialized training and qualifications to obtain a good job that can take care of their needs and that of their dependents. For example, after I graduated from the university in 1999, with a degree in physics, I was able to get a job as a geophysicist in an oil company. I know of so many people who were looking for a job as at that time but could not get because they do not have the qualifications required. With my Bachelor of Technology degree in Physics, I was able to get one.

Also, some people attend universities and colleges to improve on their current job. Every year, companies set objectives that their employees have to achieve. However, some of the employees may no necessarily have the skills required to do the job. These people are sent on training to universities or colleges so they can bridge the gap in skills required for the job. The companies call this kind of training on-the-job training. For example, last year, Nesso Oil, an Oil company based in Nigeria sent some of its staff to attend a professional development course at the Harvard University called, Change Management. The essence was to equip these people with the skills required to implement a new organisation structure. At the end of the program, the staff were able to implement and manage the new organisation and saved the company over a million dollar in what they would have spent if they were to hire an external consultant for this purpose.

Finally, others attend colleges or universities to learn how to carry out research. Most universities and colleges have research as a core part of their learning. Different people subscribe to their programs because they want to learn how to carry out research. The universities take these people through series of stages in research. They are also involved in different researches taking place within the institutions to enable them gain hands-on experience. At the end, they are able to carry out researches on their own.

In conclusion, people go to universities for different reasons. Some go to acquire certificates that will help them get good jobs, some go their to acquire skills that will help them achieve their objectives at work while some others attend universities or colleges to learn how to carry out research. With determination and hard work all these people are able to achieve their aims.

Sentence: The essence was to equip these people with the skills required to implement a new organisation structure.
Error: organisation Suggestion: organization

Sentence: At the end of the program, the staff were able to implement and manage the new organisation and saved the company over a million dollar in what they would have spent if they were to hire an external consultant for this purpose.

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look: