Home >> .

Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

sh's picture

Nowadays, it is commonly accepted that parents and teachers should try to encourage young children to study in a way which they gradually became the self-motivated person in their life. Therefore, I, to a great extent, believe that it is good idea that parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade they get in school.

First and foremost, it is kind of prize to them which can create a positive feel in children minds as the consequence of their attempt. It is a usual tradition in the education system that encourage students for harder study and getting a better grade by offering different types of gifts or free travel or etc. Moreover, most high prestige universities provide several awards and scholarships to motivate talented students for harder study, invention and also attracting gifted people to study on these universities.

Another significant fact that should be taken into consideration is that by offering money as a prize, parents also could teach some other life skills to their children. For example, children learn that they should always have some goals and try to reach them. Obviously, goals give human reasons for living and continue to improve personality. Second, children learn how to manage their extra money which would be helpful in providing financially responsible adult people.

Finally, yet importantly, some criticizes of this view argue that by offering money to young children, they will never understand the real aim of education. However, I believe that it is not entirely true, because young children are so young to understand complicated means. Offering money is good way to teach valuable concepts in familiar ways to them.

On the basis of the reasons that were mentioned above, I am convinced that it is a true decision by some parents who offer their school-age children money for each high grade they get in school. Because it can motivate them for more study, and it is good opportunity to teach some other skills to them, and it is worth method to teach merit notions of life to young children.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)