Television has had a mostly positive effect on society

Television has had a mostly positive effect on society.

It is a highly debated issue whether or not, Television has had more positive effect on our society, and this topic can be approached from many angles due to its complexity. Deeply deliberating over this issue, I believe that Television has had more negative effect on our society, and following discussion reveals my stands and reasoning.

I do believe that Television negative effect are outweigh its positives and these are my justification. To begin with, one of the most important points is the unfavorable effect of the advertisement on our children. last week I read an article on newspaper about a study on how the advertisement adversely affects on children, the study states that an average American high school graduate spends about 15000 hours watching television, which is far most than the time spend learning in schools. Televisions are teachers without no weekends, no summer break and our children brains are much like sponge absorbing whatever they've been taught. Most of the advertisement on Television is about junk food which leads to overweight in children. However, some might argue that Television helps us stay connected via news both globally and locally, I contend that Television could lead to more distractions to our society.

The second reason why I advocate this point of view lies in the fact that we all are aware of how television changed our society. Translated series from other countries has had a very obvious effect on our youth. take my niece as an example, she is a 14 years old how lives in Iraq, both parents are busy meeting their family needs, so she spends a lot of hours watching Turkish series translated to Arabic. Her mother notices that her daughter is showing a sudden interest in make-up, asking question about why one of the character is cheating on her husband. This clearly illustrates the impact of watching television without supervision. However some people might argue that there are a lot of learning programs on television, I think the misleading programs are more.

By taking all above-mentioned argument into consideration, the following conclusion can be drawn about the issue, Television could cause a lot of distractions for young children. Parents should supervise what their children are watching to minimize these affect

Television negative effect are outweigh its positives
Television's negative effects outweigh its positives

which is far most than the time spend learning in schools.
which is far more than the time spending learning in schools.

she is a 14 years old how lives in Iraq,
she is a 14 years old girl who lives in Iraq,