TOEFL essay:The government has announced that it plans to build a new university. Some people think that your community would be a good place to locate the university. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in...

There are many parameters which may have some impacts on a society.One of them can be building a new university in the community by government.Some people believe that the community would be a good place to locate the university.For sure it would have some advantages and disadvantage.

To begin with, building a new university would make the city known to other people. Students from other cities want to apply for this university so there would be more visitors and tourists which is a great help for the tourism industry of the city and can help to improve the economy of the city. You would meet new people from different cities or even countries and you can make friends with them.Moreover, more groceries, outlets, cinemas, and restaurants would be built to support the people of the community.In addition, many people decide to make their business in that area so the job opportunities for the people in that area would increase.

On the other hand, there would be more cars in the streets which leads to air pollution and more traffic jam.Also as there are variety of people in the community, it would not be a safe place any more.Different people from different parts of the country come to the city which makes it unsafe. There can be more people who are looking for rooms in that area which leads to the lack of homes or apartments or even it leads to higher rents.

Building a new university is a good idea and has benefits for the people who lives in that area but I believe its disadvantages are more than the benefits.The safety of the place I live is too much important for me.I want to make sure that if something emergency happens and I need to go out at night, I would be safe and nothing would happen to me.

To sum up, building a new university would effect the community in both good ways and bad ways.All in all its disadvantages are more than its advantages because of the air pollution and the traffic jam it causes, also it makes the city an unsafe place to live.

there would be more cars in the streets which leads to air pollution
there would be more cars in the streets which lead to air pollution

building a new university would effect the community
building a new university would affect the community