TOPIC # 54 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances.

Generally speaking, appearance is sometimes a crucial part in our life. If the people’s opinion is going to be considered, some of them would agree, others would not. In my opinion, I believe that we do not have to judge people by the way they look for the two essential reasons.

First, most of the time the external appearance related to the financial situation of the person. On one hand, the appearance of the people is important in some situation like job interviews, school uniform. On the other hand, if the people are not able to afford buying a suite to attend the important job interview, we do not have the right to judge them and prevent them from the competition of that job just because of their appearance is not suitable to the position, that might negatively effect on the person’s life. A vivid example can be give to shed a light on what alluded above. My friend applied for a job, she was so frustrated because she did not have enough money to buy a suite, she decided to wear a casual clothes. The manager, who interviewed her, was so impressed about her performance in the interview. At the end, she had been told, she did not get accepted because of her cloths, one of the requirement was to be formal . That was hard for her to handle. She got depressed, she started seeing a psychologist because she lost the job of her dreams because she was not able to pay two hundred dollars to buy a suite. As you can see, how judging other people by their appearance might devastate them and make them lose the hope and effect on their performance too.

Second, some people’s appearance might based on their religion or ethnicity. It is not rational to be a prejudice and judge these people by the way they look because of the actions that has been done by only one person of this group. Hence, that is what hold the societies behind. A good example can be given is that when I was in high school, one of my friends was wearing scarf for a religious purposes. One of the classmate did not assign to her to the football team because of her scarf even though she was a really good player. Once the principle heard of that , she assigned a fine for that person based on what he did, and assigned my friend back to the team. If the principle did not do that, our team might have lost the game. This is a simple example how the judgemental persons has a negative impact on the society as whole.

By the way of conclusion, in my perspective, I think one of the biggest mistakes is judging a person by his appearance for the reasons mentioned above.

the external appearance related to the financial situation of the person.
the external appearance is related to the financial situation of the person.

might negatively effect on the person’s life.
might negatively affect on the person’s life.

one of the requirement was to be formal
one of the requirements was to be formal

some people’s appearance might based on their religion
some people’s appearance might be based on their religion

actions that has been done
actions that have been done

Sentence: This is a simple example how the judgemental persons has a negative impact on the society as whole.
Error: judgemental Suggestion: No alternate word

No. of Words: 472 while No. of Different Words: 214 //examples could be shorter