Home >> .

TPO-02 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

piumallick's picture

Nowadays, many people are becoming an iconoclast against the famous saying that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship just to avoid any sort of troubles and ameliorate themselves in front of others. But, believe me or not, lie does not go in a long run. Though speaking the truth always can be a hard job, but we can make our best in order to stick to it. Speaking truth can sometimes be circumstantial, and we will be discussing this later in the topic on both the aspects.

As human beings, we are surrounded by several relationships - friends, family, spouse - and the base of all these relationships lies on honesty, trustworthiness and the most important of all is the truthfulness. If all these are not there, the relationships would go for a toss. For example, in case of a newly married couple, who just began a new phase of their life, being truthful really matters because that is the beginning phase of their life where they start to trust each other by speaking the truth. Here, if somebody starts to lie and later that person gets caught, the other one would be completely shattered. According me me, if they are facing any sort of issues, they should tell the other person about the condition or the situation they are going through, so that the other person may be aware and help him or her, if need be.

On the contrary, if we see a parent child relationship where the father suppose has some kind of ailment and he does not want his child to be scared, he could lie temporarily for a good reason, what we often call as a 'white lie'.

So, according to me, always speaking truth is important and essential and we should stick to it as much as possible, but in some circumstantial cases, we might not speak the truth in order to avoid any adverse effect.