Home >> .

TPO-14 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

piumallick's picture

With the globalization of the world alongside the boost of local economy, traveling has become a knack and nowadays affordable to many people. But, there are some considerations which are taken into fact by every individual or family before planning their trips, which is to decide whether to travel in their own country or travel abroad. Well, most of the wealthier people often plan their trips to foreign countries but nowadays many middle class and upper middle class people are also trying to plan foreign trips and slowly it is turning to a status symbol. But, according to me, people are benefited more by travelling in own country.

First, traveling in own country is more economic and convenient. Also, while planning trips, people need not think about applying for visas, which according to me adds an extra cost to the trip. Also, after so much of planning there always remains an uncertainty for visa acceptance or rejection. Even if the visa issue gets resolved, there is an extra issue for currency exchange. Nevertheless, these might seem petty issues for many of them, still if we think of the aged people, they might still feel reluctant while undergoing so many processes.

Second, in my opinion, before exploring some other foreign countries, it is better to know about own country and explore more about it. Again, one might say that by visiting foreign countries, one can get exposure to other cultures, foreign languages, art and history and also gets the experience to see the natural scenic beauty of those places. Yes, it might be true. But, one can experience the same in their own country. For example, I am an Indian by birth and I am proud to say that my country is a land of diversity. One cannot deny the fact that a country like India is rich in so many fields like cultures, languages, religion, art, history and the whole life of a person might fall short if he/she starts exploring all the places. The scenic beauty of Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh are no less than Switzerland. The backwaters of Kerala are no less than Venice and Italy. The Thar desert might not be as big as the Sahara desert in Africa, but still many people are awestruck by its beauty. There are so many beaches and coast line along the south east and South west of India. India is also reach in art and culture - the Ajanta and Ellora caves, Nalanda and Taxila university, archaeological remains of Mohenjo Daro and Harappa are the proofs of that. And, there are many more to add to the list.

Due to the aforesaid reasons, I firmly believe that it is a wise decision for people to travel in their own countries, instead of traveling abroad.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)