TPO 26:Agree/Disagree:It's better for children choose jobs that are similar to their parent' jobs than to choose job that are very different from their parents' jobs.

TPO 26:
Agree/Disagree:It's better for children choose jobs that are similar to their parent' jobs than to choose job that are very different from their parents' jobs.

Job plays an indispensable role in personal development. However, whether children should choose jobs that are similar to their parents' job rather than choosing a very different one is worth of some debates. From my point of view, I disagree with the statement and think that children should choose the jobs they want and don't have to follow their parents' steps. My statement will be substantiated by following paragraphs.

First of all, choosing a job that we are interested in is important and let us to achieve self-satisfaction in our life. Although following parent's step sometimes makes it easier to short term goal, choosing a job we love can achieve long term satisfaction and happiness. For example, most doctors in Taiwan often want their children to become doctors in the future because the doctors have higher income and social status. However, being a doctor is so arduous in Taiwan and is too busy to have a normal life. Children who do not want this kind of life will feel frustrated and never feel satisfied for their life. Therefore, children should follow their interests to choose a career rather than their parents.

In addition, modern world is changing fast, children who always follow their parents will have less chance in the future world. Although parents' jobs were be great and full of a lot of opportunities in the past, the future industry may change so much and such careers will not be needed anymore. Thus, children who choose similar job to their parents will face the problem of unemployment.

Third, choosing a similar job to parents may limit children's talents. Presumably, a child who has great talent in music may have the chance to become one of the greatest musicians in the history. However, if child follow his parents and become an engineer, the world will lose a great musician and it will be significant lost to the human society.

In conclusion, according to the reasons mentioned above, I am convinced that children should not follow their parents' step based on the aspect of self-satisfaction, fast-changing world, and limiting the potential talents.