Essay topics: TPO 34:
Agree/Disagree: Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online game, and social networking web site.
Education plays an indispensable role in personal development. However, whether educating children is more difficult than it was in the past is worth of some debates. From my point of view, I am in favor of the statement that teaching children today is harder than before. My statement will be substantiated by following paragraphs.
First of all, it is hard for children today to concentrate on school homework or classes because of cellphones. The cellphones today are becoming smartphone, children can not only go on internet but also can play thousands kinds of game on the smartphone. Many students are playing game or using facebook in the class instead of listening to the teachers. The applications in the smartphone are designed to attract people to use and children are so easily to be addicted to using it because they have less self-control ability. Besides, a recent survey shows that the students who use facebook everyday have worse academic performance than the students don't use it everyday. Therefore, educating students become much harder than before.
In addition, the massive information on the internet make children difficult to tell what is right and what is wrong. There are so many incorrect messages on the internet and children tend to accept those messages even if those information are different to the school's textbook. For example, there is video called "three minutes to learn the algebra" on the Youtube, children are always attracted to see this video because it is so convenient and more interesting than the textbook. However, the video teaches wrong perspective in algebra and skips a lot of important calculation. Thus, the student academic ability becomes worse than before.
In conclusion, according to reasons mentioned above, I am convinced the educating children is more arduous than before based on the aspects of use of smartphone and wrong information on the internet.
- Agree/Disagree: a leader should have strong opinions and not change his opinions? (70)
- Your community decided to buy a space to develop its economy. Which do you think the space should be built into, a shopping mall, a theater. (80)
- TPO 26:Agree/Disagree:It's better for children choose jobs that are similar to their parent' jobs than to choose job that are very different from their parents' jobs. (90)
- TPO 34: Agree/Disagree: Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online game, and social networking web site. (70)
- TPO 34: Extinction of sea cows (85)
- TPO 35 :Agree/Disagree: In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today. (80)
- TPO 33:Agree/Disagree:When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, students will learn much more effectively than ask them to do alone. (80)
- TPO 33: Carved stone balls (80)
- TPO 31 :quackers (80)
- Agree/Disagree:Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past. (80)