Home >> .

TPO-44 - Independent Writing Task Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Others believe that it is best to use that time doing th

Mennatallah's picture

There is no doubt that the youngsters nowadays depend on their parents in almost of their needs. I certainly agree that the youngsters are able to make decisions about their own lives and their future today rather than in the past. Someone can consciously weigh the pros and cons of each side. The explanations go as follows.
Firstly, spread of technology and the internet make the young people have an opening mind rather than the past years. For example, by comparing my situation with my little brother Seif. I'm older than Seif by about twelve years, when I was at secondary school, I dreamed to enter the Faculty of Dentistry but unfortunately I have gotten degrees lower than the degrees needed to join the Dentistry College. I remember that I was very disappointed those days and did not know what I could do. So, I resorted to my parents as they have a much experience than me and asked them what I should do?. Finally, they decided that I should apply for the Faculty of Science and that's what happened. In the contrary, my brother was exposed to my situation and my Mam and Dad tried a lot persuade him to apply for Faculty of Engineering. But, he was a good follower to social websites and the economic news and he discovered that the business is the key for better life nowadays. In order to that he decided to join the Faculty of Business Administration.
Furthermore, owing to the technology, the world become very small and connected to each other. For instance, when my father was graduated since 40 years, My grandfather have decided that my father should travel to Saudi Arabia like the majority of his generation in order to find a good job. In the earlier years the dominant believe was if you want to be a rich, you should travel to Saudi Arabia. But nowadays the world has another side, so if you want to be successful and effective, you should take care of your education and research. In order to the new concept my brother Mahmoud does not listen to my father advice and he decides to study hard and takes the Toefl exam for applying to the USA universities.
In sum, I see that the openness of the new world and the spread of communication forms affect the young people and improve their thinking.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)