Home >> .

TPO-46 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and exam

biol's picture

I agree this idea that the opinions of famous people have more impact on and more importance to younger people rather than older people.

To begin with, youngsters have less training of critical thinking and own less knowledge to most of things than older ones, which determines the former are more easily affected by celebrities' words. Many celebrities would like to share their life styles or events, but maybe only elders have the mature ability to scrutinize them. For example, in my country, the drugs are controlled strictly for celebrities, which are mainly based on the thinking that those bad behaviors would affect our next generation. Some talented actors are condemned by the laws, no matter who are their fathers. In this regard, the opinions from the celebrities have great terrible effects to young people rather than older people. It doesn't means elders won't be affected by the celebrities, but the influence is less comparing that to young man.

Meanwhile, celebrities have the responsibility to teaching young man how to be up-righted or so, but they have less influence to older man, since the latter already forms his/her own opinions and means towards the events. For instance, the most efficient way to decrease smoking in populations is that render celebrities educate the students in the school. Because most of those students haven't experience the addition to smoking, they have the mood to choose avoid cigars. While imagine you tell an adults that smoking would hurt our health, I guess he won't listen your words in most cases. Hence, celebrities have more chances to change youngsters' opinion with their own experience and let them culture a better attitudes and behaviors towards life, but they are hardly to challenge older people's ideas.

In conclusion, since young people have less life experience and special methods to face the world, the