Home >> .

TPO-48 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

ZhicongLiang's picture

A prevalent statement today is that young people should cultivate the ability to plan and organize their lives since the modern lives are complex. A considerable number of people, however, argue that young people can just follow the lead of trend, because the mainstream will be more acceptable and properous in the futuer. As far as I am concerned, the former opinion seems to align more with my personal perspective. There are several reasons to support my point of view. The following two will suffice here.

To begin with, even thought the mainstream is a lead that most people follow, it is not equal to say that it fits everyone. A happy and fulfilled life should be based on a person's characteristics and his intersets. For example, when choosing a career in the future, a young man should think about what he really likes and what he is good at, instead of only considering which career is highly valued by the society. Let's say a boy good at science and always ready to explore the nature choose to become a lawyer or a dentist because he is told that this jobs will earn him a lot of money. It is not difficult to image that this boy will feel his job boring even though he is rich. And the lack of curiosity in his job will also prevent him from making great achievement.

For another, modern life is complex because it changes every day. Take fashion as an example. Perhaps people like colorful clothes these days, however, they may enjorying wearing black and white in the next season. If we only follow the that the trend tells us instead of judging by ourselves, we may never find our style. It is pretty much the same in our life. If a young man could not learn how to plan and organize his life and keeping changing his direction as the society, he may not be able to achieve anything. As we all know, all giants in our history would keep doing the same thing once they had made the decision. They won't be disrupted by the opinions or judgement of the society. The ability of planning and organizing their life is one of the thing that make them outstanding.

Admittedly, a minority of people may aruge that following the trend will prevent someone from making mistakes, especially for unmature young people. However, what I want to refute is that this kind of attitude will only prepare our young people ordinary and common followers in the society instead of trendsetters, who are the main driven force behind the development of our society.

For the reasons mentioned above, I do agree that it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and orgainze their life.

Your rating: None Average: 6.5 (2 votes)