Car manufacturers and governments have eagerly been seeking a replacement for the internal-combustion engine as an automobile's main source of power. The most promising alternative source is currently the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine which uses electri

Car manufacturers and governments have eagerly been seeking a replacement for the internal-combustion engine as an automobile's main source of power. The most promising alternative source is currently the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine which uses electricity created by hydrogen to power the car. There are several advantages to fuel-cell engines over the internal-combustion engine and will probably replace them soon.

The main problem with internal-combustion engines is that they rely on petroleum which is a finite resource. Hydrogen, on the other hand, cannot easily be depleted and is found in various plentiful resources including natural gas and water. Also, fuel-cell engines are particularly attractive as a an alternative power source for cars because they use easily available, renewable resources and because they will solve several of the world's pollution problems. Fuel-cell engines do not have the harmful carbon dioxide by-product that is created by internal-combustion engines.

Finally, fuel-cell engines will become economically competitive due to the reduced cost of operating them. A fuel-cell automobile is almost twice as efficient at fuel use as an internal-combustion automobile. This means that it only requires half of the fuel energy to go the same distance as an internal-combustion powered car.

The article states that the fuel cell engines will replace the internal-combustion engines in the future because of its advantages, and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor contends that the oil that we use in engine right now is finite resource, but the reading is so optimistic about the hydrogen resource and refutes each of the Author's reasons.

First, the reading asserts that the internal-combustion engine rely on petroleum, which is a finite resource. While, the hydrogen is a renewable resource. The professor opposes this point by saying that hydrogen is not easily available as a fuel. According to the professor even though hydrogen is coming from the water, but we can't get it easily from water drops. He adds that also, we need to keep the hydrogen in frozen temperature all the time.

Second, the article claims that the fuel cell engines will solve the pollution problem. On the other hand, the professor explains that using the hydrogen will not solve the problem. He adds that the large amount of hydrogen that needed produced only through burning plants and that will cause pollution to the environment.

Third, the reading posits that the fuel cell engines will will be competitive because the reduce the cost of operating them. The professor says there is no cost saving but the cost of operating will become higher. He adds that the fuel cell engines depends on platinum which is a very expensive mineral that couldn't be replaced by any other mineral to operate these engines.

the internal-combustion engine rely on petroleum
the internal-combustion engine relies on petroleum

even though hydrogen is coming from the water, but we can't get it
Description: don't put 'even though' 'but' in one sentence.

because the reduce the cost
because they reduce the cost

fuel cell engines depends on platinum
fuel cell engines depend on platinum