The disappearance of Roanake

The disappearance of Roanake

The reading claims that the disappearance of the English settlers of Roanoke is no longer a mystery, instead they relocate to the Island of Croatoa, and provides three reasons of support. In contrast, the professor states that the points made in the passage are week and easily to dismiss and she refutes each of the author's reason.

First, the article avers that the governor found the word Croatoa carved onto a piece of wood that indicates that the settlers relocate to Croatoa. However, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that this point makes no sense for relocation. According to the professor, before governor left, he asked them if they face any trouble, they should go to the interior of the Island because there is food and safety. In fact, Croatoa is located in the opposite side so we don't believe that settlers relocated in Croatoa with less advantages.

Second, the article asserts that many English artifacts have been found on Croatoa supporting the idea that settlers from Roanoke simply relocated to the island. On the other hand, the professor casts doubt on this point by stating that there is no way of proof. Actually, she says that the ring that mentioned in the passage may be bring by trade rather that by settlers. She argues that the settlers trade their belongs during harsh condition.

Third, the reading posits that when search parties arrived to the Croatoan Island, they didn't find any of settlers but did find the indigenous inhibitants possessed European characteristics. Conversely, the lecturer counters this point by explaining that these characteristics could come from other English man and not from the settlers since the search party arrived after 100 years of the disappearance.

may be bring by trade r
may be brought by trade r