“Globalization” refers to growing economic and cultural interconnectedness between different regions of the world. Because modern transportation and electronic communication has made commercial relationships between distant people easier than ever bef

FERIDE08's picture

This set of materials deal with the subject of "Globalization" advantages and disadvantages. The reading presents the benefits of Globalization, while the lecturer strongly contradicts of the reading.

First of all, according to the reading, globalization helps nations to increase their economic status. For example, Southeast Asia people live more comfortably because of globalization. Nevertheless, the lecturer refutes this argument. She argues that depending on big economies can cause troubles. For instance, an economic crisis was happened at United States in 2008. Although it happened at United States, so many Europe countries affected from this financial situation.

Secondly, the reading states that globalization creates competition and it forces the producers to produce more qualified goods. However, the lecturer disputes this point. She says that countries like USA started to open their factories in other countries because it is cheaper. That is why, it makes the decrease of jobs in the United States.

Finally, the reading claims that globalization puts pressure on governments to make safer and healthier choices and to give them restrictions about environmental issues. On the other hand, the lecturer believes that in contrast, companies make less healthy choices in order to diminish the cost and sell more goods to overseas countries.