Historically schools in the united States have borrowed the European system of school organization a system that separates students into grades by chronological age In general children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the

Historically, schools in the united States have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general , children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first grade. For the most part, students progress through twelve grades; however, some students who do not meet minimum requirements for aparticular grade may be asked to repeat the year.
Graded schools are divided into primary grades, intermediate grades, and secondary grades.Primary education includes grade 1 through 5 or 6, and may also provide kindergarten as a preparation for first grade. referred to as elementary school, these grades are usually taught by one teacher in a self contained classroom. Intermediate grades begin with grade 6 or 7 and offer three years of instruction. At this level teams of teachers may collaborate to provide subject based classes similar to those offered in high school. Viewed as apreparation for high school, intermediate education is known as junior high school. At grade 9 or 10, secondary school begins.Classes taught by subject specialists usually last about fifty minutes to allow a student ten minutes to move to the next classbrfore it begins at the top of the hour. At the end of twelve successful grades og instruction, students are eligible for a secondary school diploma, more commonly called a high school diploma.

The lecturer explains why the graded school system is not ideal. There are following three reaons.

First, as mentioned in the passage, the graded system of schooling is based on grouping the students on the basis of their age. The lecturer thinks that students should not be grouped on the basis of their age as different kids have different level of maturity at the same age. He further explains this by saying that according to graded system, the age for the first grade is 6 years. At this age, one kid might not be ready for the first grade, on the other hand it is quite possible that a child at the age 4 is ready for grade 1.

Secondly, according to grade system, one has to repeat the class if he or she does not meet the requirements to be promoted to the next class. The lecturer explains that this system is flawed as the student will have to repeat the subjects that he or she already knows along with the weaker subject. This could lead to loss of student's interest in studies and can eventually lead to drop out.

Finally, the graded system focuses on the study of the entire group instead of an individual. The lecturer explains that in the same class, some students might already know what is being taught and despite of them being ready for further knowledge ,they are being held back and they have to wait for the rest of the class.

In conclusion , the lecturer explains that graded system of schooling is flawed as the students in this system are grouped based on their chronological age and it focuses on the entire group instead of individual .

Sentence: There are following three reaons.
Error: reaons Suggestion: reasons

The format is not correct.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

The introduction is too short.

Don't need a conclusion paragraph.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster