Essay topics: Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first grade. For the most part, students progress through twelve grades; however, some students who do not meet minimum requirements for a particular grade may be asked to repeat the year.
Graded schools are divided into primary grades, intermediate grades, and secondary grades. Primary education includes grades 1 through 5 or 6, and may also provide kindergarten as a preparation for first grade. Referred to as elementary school, these grades are usually taught by one teacher in a self-contained classroom. Intermediate grades begin with grade 6 or 7 and offer three years of instruction. At this level, teams of teachers may collaborate to provide subject-based classes similar to those offered in high school. Viewed as a preparation for high school, intermediate education is known as junior high school. At grade 9 or 10, secondary school begins. Classes taught by subject specialists usually last about fifty minutes to allow a student ten minutes to move to the next class before it begins at the top of the hour. At the end of twelve successful grades of instruction, students are eligible for a secondary school diploma, more commonly called a high school diploma.
Summarize the main points in the lecture, explain how they cast doubt on the ideas in the reading passage.
The reading asserts how educational system works in the United States and what kind of educational facilities offer. However, the professor refutes the reading by saying that there are three problems regarding school regulations which are mentioned in the passage.
First, the article claims that the students are split chronologically into grades according to their age. This idea was adopted by other school organisations in Europe. In contrast, the lecture states that this separation between learners does not take into account the differences in maturity towards academic part such as mentality, sociality and physically.
Second, the passage posits that there are minimum limits in order to pass successfully a grade. If some students do not accomplish these requirements, they need to repeat that schooling year. Whereas, the professor indicates possible drawbacks of an individual who respect this rule. Those children feel bored by lessons, after that, they tend to skip school
Third, the author says that there are stages in children’s life which help them in preparation for primary or secondary school. One of them is the junior school which provides the same branch of knowledge for each subject as high school. On the other hand, the lecture presents the circumstance of the point by saying that repeating materials are efficient for students who learn very slowly, opposed to those who learn very rapidly.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 year 5 months firstname.lastname@example.org||90||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months email@example.com||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||rasnajames||76||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||doships96||85||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||tarandeep22ss||61||Read full essay|
|3 years 6 months ago||Muhalab||70||Read full essay|
|3 years 9 months ago||DubinchukEugene||80||Read full essay|
|5 years 4 months ago||Jittip||60||Read full essay|
|7 years 1 month ago||yedapoda||60||Read full essay|
- In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (60)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. (80)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. (70)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfe (70)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? (70)
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)