Essay topics: Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples.
Every day, the human activity produces high frequencies of noise which are normally generated by the use of tools and machine at work as well as the equipment for entertainment. As a result, noise has become a convicted and harmful action for society and environment. In my perspective, I consider that noise making should be constrained in several locations, but I would not like to blame people for making noise.
Admittedly, making noise is absolutely a fair right for everyone. It is evident that some individuals would like to amplify the noise background in order to cater their needs such as entertainment. For instance, during open-air concerts, there is a huge audience who can attend the big event. The loud music can affect people or animals who live nearby. Therefore, the noisy people should have a particular area which absorb their loud voice or music. Consequently, the concerts have to be organised in some special spaces with good sound isolation. Local authorities are supposed to keep a record of the open-air concerts in order to authorise a small number of events. In addition, people should be educated to use headphones and earphones if they want to listen to their music.
However, I support that noise should always be under control. Many people and wildlife will be protected from high-level sounds. There should be some attempts to stop noise to spread outside. Therefore, a minor population will be pleased that they will able to enjoy the silent conserved environment. As a result, animals will not change their hunting and migration routines. For example, there are some predators like lions which have the instinct to detect the prey using their hearing.
In conclusion, people should respect the vital part of the ecosystems in order to preserve the environment for the next generation.
- In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (60)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. (80)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. (70)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfe (70)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? (70)
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)