Lake powell

Lake powell

The article states that the Lake Powell should not drained and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that there are many arguments in favor of draining the lake and refutes each of the Author’s reasons.

First, the reading asserts that the lake is a tourist attraction. On the other hand, the professor contends that before the lake even exist, the Glen canyon was so beautiful and attract tourist from everywhere. According to the professor, even if the lake is drained, tourist will still coming to the area to visit the Glen Canyon. This appears a contradiction to the information made in the passage.

Second, the article posits that Lake Powell supplies water to the surrounding area. The professor opposes this point by saying that the lake is not the water source for the nearby area because its evaporation. The scientists found that most of the water in the lake is evaporated and lost. This cause a great loss of water in the area because of the lake. This disputes the second point made in the article.

Third, the reading claims that there are several species lived in the lake and some of them are endangered. However, the professor refutes this reason by stating that the lake and the dam cause threat to the environment, because of them there are many floating in the area that kills a lot of species. He adds that these reasons cause the people to ask for decomposing the dam and draining the lake.

the Lake Powell should not drained
the Lake Powell should not be drained

before the lake even exist
before the lake even exists

tourist will still coming to the area
tourist will still be coming to the area

because its evaporation.
because of its evaporation.

This cause a great loss
This causes a great loss