In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. First of all, a group of people has a wider range of knowledge,e

In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. First of all, a group of people has a wider range of knowledge,expertise, and skills than any single individual is likely to possess. Also, because of the numbers of people involved and the greater resources they possess, a group can work more quickly in response to the task assigned to it and can come up with highly creative solutions to problems and issues. Sometimes these creative solutions come about because a group is more likely to make risky decisions that an individual might not undertake. This is because the group spreads responsibility for a decision to all the members and thus no single individual can be held accountable if the decision turns out to be wrong.

Taking part in a group process can be very rewarding for members of the team. Team members who have a voice in making a decision will no doubt feel better about carrying out the work that is entailed by the decision than they might doing work that is imposed on them by others. Also, the individual team member has a much better chance to “shine”, to get his or her contributions and ideas not only recognized but recognized as highly significant, because a team’s overall results can be more far-reaching and have greater impact than what might have otherwise been possible for the person to accomplish or contribute working alone.

Essay topics in audio

The passage and the lecturer both discuss the issue of team working. According to the passage, working as a group in handling a project is far better than working alone. however, the lecturer, finds the idea questionable, citing three reasons to repudiate the points adressed in the reading.

The first assertion of the passage against which the lecturer argues has to do with the wider range of knowledge and skills that a group posses because of different people in it. However, the lecturer refutes the author's view, mentioning an assessment carried out in a company, which revealed that in every groups, there are some people who are taking free ride. All memberes do not engage in the work actively. So, there is no rise of knowledge and skills as the passage says.

Secondly, both the reading and the lecture discuss the efficency of doing the tasks. it was mentioned in the passage that because of more resources available in groups than in individuals, jobs can be done more quickly. On the contrary, the lecturer contradicts the idea by making the point that since it is needed for jobs to reach a consensus, it will take more time than individual works.

Eventually, the passage and the lecture both discuss risk and responsibility. The author states that in groups, because of sharing the responsibilities, it is common to venture more risky decisions that a person alone might not undertake. However, the speaker contradicts the idea by describing that there might not balanced sharing of responsibilities. The wrong decision might be the fault of a minority of group members who disagree with choosing a right solution.

All in all, the author maintains that there are many advantages with team working in projects, while the professor gives quite a few reasons to prove that it is not always beneficial to do the tasks in groups.

in every groups,
in every group,

Sentence: According to the passage, working as a group in handling a project is far better than working alone. however, the lecturer, finds the idea questionable, citing three reasons to repudiate the points adressed in the reading.
Error: adressed Suggestion: addressed

Sentence: All memberes do not engage in the work actively.
Error: memberes Suggestion: members

Sentence: Secondly, both the reading and the lecture discuss the efficency of doing the tasks. it was mentioned in the passage that because of more resources available in groups than in individuals, jobs can be done more quickly.
Error: efficency Suggestion: efficiency

No. of Words: 311 250 //Write the essay in 30 minutes. Don't need a conclusion paragraph.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster
---------------------------------