Organic Food.

Organic Food.

In this set of materials, both the reading and the lecture discuss whether "Organic food is healthier and less damaging than traditional food or not". Whereas, the reading supports this argument, the listener explains three reasons that she thinks overweight those in the article.

First, in the reading the author suggests that organic foods are produced with much less chemical than traditional food, thus they don't produce diseases on human beings. Notwithstanding, the listener disagrees and says that this idea is wrong because traditional food uses a tiny amount of chemical, so it is inocuous to people. Furthermore, fruits and vegetables are washed thoroughly and in this way the chemical is removed. In addition, there is not prove that pesticides used in agriculture poses a risks to people.

Second, the article states that organic food doesn't pollute the environment such as rivers and forests. On the other hand, the listener claims that nowadays, law limits the amount of chemicals that farmers can use, in fact if they affect environmental areas they can be punished. Also, there is not documented case of environmental harm caused by pesticides until today.

Third, the reading posits that organic produce food is environmentally friendly, thus it doesn't affect or damage animals. The listener doesn't agree, and says that because chemicals used on the production of traditional food are targeted to specific pests and trees, so they don't produce negative effects on the forests. In fact, studies have shown that pesticides are harmless to useful trees.

there is not prove that
there is no prove that

there is not documented case of environmental harm
there is no documented case of environmental harm

Sentence: Notwithstanding, the listener disagrees and says that this idea is wrong because traditional food uses a tiny amount of chemical, so it is inocuous to people.
Error: inocuous Suggestion: No alternate word